1. They are rarely happy doing the same thing for more than 2 minutes. Have lots of different things ready to play with or do. If you don't have many toys give them the leaflets that come through the door, finished toilet roll tubes and cardboard boxes...They're not fussy and have great imaginations!
2. You will no longer need to set your alarm clock on your phone. Toddlers are great at getting you up and are so thoughtful that they'll get you up 2 hours before you need to! (To make sure you're not late of course!!)
3. They will always want to do their own thing...until you have something to do yourself. Then they want to do what you are doing or mess around on the floor exactly where you want to be. Playing at mum's feet when she's cooking tea, holding on to dad's legs when he's trying to hoover, or wanting your complete undivided attention when you're helping their sibling with their homework.
4. Every time they leave the park they have a tantrum so big and so loud that people think they're being kidnapped! They turn into a solid lump as soon as you want to put them into the pushchair and it takes bribery and tickling to get them in. All this whilst their muddy boots are being kicked against your jeans and they think it's funny to poke sticks and dandelions in your hair.
5. The toddler ALWAYS WINS!!!